JB InKomand flexo ink management: automatic monitoring ink temperature, pH & viscosity
JB-Machinery Inkomand ink management system keeps your flexo printing inks in optimal condition. Fully automatic and throughout the entire printing order!
InKomand keeps your printing inks at a constant temperature, monitors the pH and viscosity, and adjusts immediately when necessary.
Flexo inks perform best at a constant temperature of 20 degrees Celcius. However, during printing, the ink temperature changes quite quickly due to environmental influences and the printing process itself. As a result, the pH value and viscosity of the ink often change within 60 minutes, with a dramatic effect on both the printing result and drying times. In addition, it increases the risk of wrap-arounds.
To avoid these problems and maintain proper print quality, flexo printers regularly pause their jobs to re-adjust ink characteristics. This is a pity, and not only because of the lost production time. It also causes changes in the ink’s formulation, which has a negative effect on color density.
JB’s Inkomand ink management system ensures that your printing inks are as good when the order is finished as they were at the start by fully automatic adjusting:
- pH value
Automatic flexo ink monitoring: the advantages
Inkomand is an all-in-one flexo ink management system that can both heat and cool the ink. All the operator has to do is set three parameters: the desired temperature, pH value and the number of seconds of viscosity, in which each printing unit can have its own ink values. After that, the system ensures that these values remain constant.
Because InKomand keeps your flexo ink temperature constant, no unnecessary moisture evaporates so pH and viscosity don’t get out of balance. If necessary, a fast and fully automatic correction of the ink values results in:
- Consistent color density. Keeping your inks in good shape results in beautiful prints.
- Optimal ink viscosity. This prevents the ink from becoming sticky. This decreases hickeys and reduces wrap-arounds / jams in the flexo press
- Optimal, fast drying of the ink. Thickened ink takes more time to dry, but ink with ideal consistency results in optimal drying time.
- Reduction in time spent on wash-ups. Anilox chambers, anilox rolls, and printing plates are easy to clean because the inks do not become viscous.
- Increased throughput. Less downtime for ink control, faster cleaning, and set-up results in increased productivity.
- Less material wastage and slippage
- Reduction of chemical additives. Less need to adjust the ink composition with additives.
Get in touch to discuss your production requirements and learn how Inkomand flexo ink management system can help you achieve better print quality and reduce your production costs.